For students who already set up visual studio scroll to the bottom of this post!
Watch the video here if you need visual instructions https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZYzg97ZUQI88fjJP3HSQlYxyr2rzFRMbTqk
The first thing you need to do is download the application from the following link:https://code.visualstudio.com/download
After you install the app by dragging it into the Applications folder, open it.
Now navigate to this link to install the Settings Sync extension https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Shan.code-settings-sync and click the Install button
Once you install the extension you will need to click the Reload to Activate button
Once the app reloads follow these steps:
- Use keyboard shortcut Cmd + Shift + P to open the command palette
- Type Sync and go down with the arrow keys to the Sync: Advanced Options and click Enter
- Use arrow keys to go down to Sync: Download Settings from Public GIST and click Enter
- Use keyboard shortcut Cmd + Shift + P to open the command palette again
- Type Sync: and go down to Sync: Download Settings then click Enter
- It should ask you to enter a GIST ID enter the following 846a59831c3a903c311ea25354694cae
It will take a few minutes for all the Extensions to load, once they are done it will ask you to reload. Reload and you are done!
Already followed this guide and just need to update:
- Type Cmd + Shift + P and type “Download” find/select “Sync: Download Settings“
- A popup will ask you to reload click Yes
- Bootstrap auto complete https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=thekalinga.bootstrap4-vscode
- Bulma auto complete https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=demijollamaxime.bulma